Thursday, July 31, 2014

The End of Summer School

Yes you read that correctly. I am normally not one to do summer school. However, the district I work for set up new summer programs to combat summer learning loss and paid teachers at their normal daily rate of pay. My school was selected as one of the host sites as well. So, for the past 6 weeks I have been teaching a small class of incoming kindergartners (in my own classroom) from 9 different schools in our district. While there has been challenges, it has also had enjoyable moments.

Friday is our last official day- woohoo! I am ready for a vacation, but my brain is starting to get really confused because I am seeing everyone start to get in their classroom and set up. I want to set up too! Since my school was a host site, it has to be cleaned this coming week (it has been contracted out). My principal is hoping we can be in by Thursday. Ummm . . . the husband and I are leaving Thursday for vacation.

In the mean time I have been trying to get as many things ready as I can for the coming year, but haven't had lots of time to create many things on my own. Oh how I love TPT!!! Thanks to these wonderful ladies, this is what I have been up to.

Diary of a Teachaholic had these great monthly labels in her TPT store for free. I printed them on sticker paper and they were perfect for my monthly center storage bins. I was able to revamp my parent handbook as well this last week. For years I have compacted everything into a trifold brochure but this year I stepped out and made this flip book available here. This week I made my first Scentos purchase! I know! How could I have waited this long? Well, thanks to Ms. Wogly and her TPT store, I was able to download these adorable labels for my summer school friends which were free and Projects and Polkadots had these adorable birthday labels in her TPT store for free as well. Every year I create some kind of a magnet for my parents with my name, the school number, and my email. These are ready to go now too.

Big Brother is calling - who will go home tonight and win the next HOH? 

No comments:

Post a Comment