Monday, July 28, 2014

Operation Organize

This last spring, I had this wonderful idea to organize all of my Kindergarten resources I have acquired the last two years. I already knew I was probably going to have to take home most of it, due to one of the district's summer school program being held at my school. Then this happened . . . 


SERIOUSLY? What was I thinking? I had created one giant mess!

Here is what I was able to accomplish from the massive chaos. 


I purchased a LOT of photo boxes . . . as in 35 from Michael's. I know plastic bins would be more durable, but some how whenever I need to go purchase more plastic bins, the style I had originally bought is no longer available. Then I just end up with mismatched bins and drive myself crazy. Michael's always has photo boxes so I can always pick up more if I ever need. So basically I sorted all of my stuff out and started filling boxes. I created a label for each box and used mod podge to adhere it to the front of the box. My favorite boxes are my letter ones. In past years I would have to go to four or five locations to get all of my goodies to teach each letter. This year, I can get one box out and all of those goodies will be in one place! I'm hoping this will be a time saver this coming year!


For almost two years I have been using the plastic scrapbook paper organizers to store anything related to each month. Mostly it holds my centers . . . LOTS and LOTS of monthly themed related centers. While I still need to create some new labels for them, I did take the time to clean them out as well this summer. 

While there are still a few more things to finish as part of Operation Organize, there's something about being organized at the beginning of the year that makes me feel like I can take on anything in the new school year. Does anyone else ever feel that way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment