Friday, August 8, 2014

Five for Friday


Yay! It's my first Five for Friday!!!! This week hasn't been very exciting as I've mainly enjoyed being done with summer school. I'm still not able to get into your classroom yet, which means it's forced me to slow down a bit.

I started the week hosting a Pampered Chef party last weekend. My Pampered Chef consultant actually set up stations, where we did the cooking. Each station had 3-4 people, and everyone got to use the toys gadgets and help make a portion of the dinner. It was really fun and delicious!!! Plus, my house got super clean, and my husband, Bobby, got more things done around the house that have needed to be done for a while than I had even expected. Most importantly it was really nice to have some of my best friends over and enjoy every one's company. Seeing all of their smiles and  feeling the excitement and joy everyone had, made all of the adoption news we had received a few days earlier not quite as scary. You can read about that here if you want.




I have spent quite a bit of time sleeping in, taking naps, and watching TV with these two. I think they would love if someone could stay home and cuddle with them every day. Farnsworth (my dog) is a shar pei mix of some kind. He is almost 11 years old. When Bobby and I moved to Florida we actually adopted him and his brother right after our first hurricane we had ever experienced. I can't believe how crazy of a time it was, but one look and I knew I had to have them. Many vet visits later, we had two healthy adorable puppies. They were exactly what we needed after moving 1200 miles away from our family and friends -true companions. Several years ago, Goober (Bobby named him) had kidney failure and we had to put him down. That led us to adopt Miley. Our life has never been the same!



This week I also completed a huge goal of mine. I created the documents necessary for the friends in my room to have an interactive HFW notebook. We have 127 words. Sometimes I feel like my friends don't always have enough interaction with the words besides flashcards, Heidi Songs, and word walls. I'm so excited to use it this coming year. You can find it in my TPT store. This is also one of the biggest project I've ever undertaken and put on TPT. Go me!


This morning Bobby and I got up early and went golfing. I got a new golf bag last month so I was super excited to go. Yes my bag has polka dots. Yes it is has accents of pink. Yes it matches my pink clubs and yes, it goes nicely with my white and pink push cart. I do realize this is probably not normal, but it makes me really happy!



And, what better way to spend the last few days of summer when you can't get to your classroom than on vacation? No - seriously. I could sit at home and work and rework all the things that I want to and need to get done. I would drive myself crazier, or I can totally remove myself from that option. Plus, after teaching all summer, I did need a vacation and thought it might be nice to spend a few days before having to go back relaxing in the sun. So, this will be my view for the next few days (and a lot of good food).

Next week I will have much more to share as I there will tons happening!!!! Until then, I better go work on my tan. Tonight we're watching Wall-E by the pool.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to find you through Five for Friday today. Love the fluffy cat helping you with your work in that picture! Enjoy your last days of summer!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you were able to find me today too. Have a good weekend!

      Delete