Saturday, October 18, 2014

Returning from my Hiatus

If it seems like I feel off the face of the earth, I did thanks to this little guy!


Yep! Remember way back when I was thinking about everything that needed to get done in the next 8 days and needing prayers. Meet Edison Samuel! We learned on August 29th that a birth mother had chosen us and was scheduled to give birth September 10th (you can read about it here). There were way too many emotions and things to accomplish such a short time and nothing is ever certain in the world of adoption until paperwork is signed. We weren't quite ready to share with everyone. Then I've spent the last few weeks just enjoying every moment of being a mom. Thankfully my husband works for a great company that is giving him 20 days of paternity leave allowing us to stay at home with him for the first 9 weeks all paid.









I go back to work on Monday. While I am sad, I am also ready to see my friends. My long term sub was . . . well . . . we'll leave it with that. That has made going back much easier. Had I known they were in good hands and getting everything they needed going back would be much harder. My friends are ready for me to come back

So, you can expect to read a lot more about what is happening in my classroom this year. I hope you are ready for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment